06 April 2008

WTF?

Snow? In England? In April? I don't get it. Really.... I woke up this morning for my long run and there was about 3-4 inches of snow on the ground from last night's storm. It's Belgium all over again. I wonder what next week is going to be like.

Suffice it to say, I didn't run this morning. I planned on a long swim instead, but suddenly got hungry. What did I do instead? Went shopping of course. We actually went looking for baby stuff for the first time seriously. My god there are all manner of accoutrements for bringing up babies these days. I have no idea where to start so what do I do next? Start building a database for our needs over the next few months. I think I shall call it babdb. Catchy isn't it?

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't bother with a flutter for the Tour of Flanders. I would never have chosen Belgian champion Stijn Devolder as today's winner. Well done Stijn. What a great career this guy is having.

There was a great result for Team TBB today with Chrissie Wellington winning yet another Ironman at Australia. She is a machine. Big up for Chrissie. Chrissie, get on my Podcast please! ;)

I finally got my lazy butt out after 6:00 for a nice 18km bimble in a finishing time of 1:20. This included my warmup. I'm pleased with this as I wasn't even winded. Portugal is going to be better than I planned methinks! I just have 2 more weeks to sort my swimming out. Is this a mission impossible? I don't think so.

No comments: