14 April 2007

Very Hot.... Hotter than a Hot Thing!

I finally wedged my colleague out of the apartment to get down to the beach. We had a really nice lunch at the Limetree Cafe. Really good food run by some expats over here. It was really heaving. We eventually got down to the public beach and it was way too hot!!! About 38 C today. I only managed one lap in the harbor, as there were jellyfish all over the place... Ughhh.

Took a nice rest and siesta this afternoon and just chilled in the apartment in order to wait for the temp to cool down, but it didn't...... So I went running anyway. I took a clockwise route around the Dubai creek. One thing is that I managed to leave my water at the apartment... and this was a big mistake. I really suffered at about 11km. It's very dry here --- being a middleastern country. ;) And ended up with a nice 14 km loop. Runners are still a bit of an oddity here, but you can still manage without any trouble here. A little short, but very useful.

Off to swim at a hotel tomorrow morning. Later peeps!!

No comments: