25 August 2008

And then?

Well uh, I didn't actually make it to Bedford after all, but that's a whole other story.... Let's move on shall we? So we've hit uncharted waters at this point as my season has come abruptly to a halt. Is it running season? Do I really have to hang up my wetsuit for the year? Who is that lady in my bed? So this is where I figure out how to keep that fitness going and keep that keen edge that I feel that I've finally got. However, S and I have a baby to look forward to in about 4 weeks. Now that is going to be the next challenge! I am really in that continuous mode of excitement and anticipation. It's really a weird place to be as you want it to happen and it's really a feeling that you're out of control and you don't know what to do next. A triathlete who is not in control of things around him.... what an odd concept. It's time to get out of the triathlon bubble for a while I think -- as it does tend to get a bit stifling at times as many of you know. That doesn't mean to say that I'll vanish off the planet, never to be seen again... it'll just be different. I just really don't know what to expect.

Boom! Reality bomb... back to today. Think I got that off my chest. Went out with a few of the Tri-Force boys for a nice bimble on the bike. They were tuning up for the Vitruvian Half Ironman and I was just along for the ride. I think I was being a bit of a horses arse at times and I sucked wheel a lot, but it was some fun. The conditions were a bit breezy, but no rain for once. TFFT! It was good to ride with other human beings for once as the last few weeks were getting a bit tedious. We got a nice 80-ish km in and attacked a few hills as well as a few flats. It was a very useful day indeed. Now I need to start thinking of what I can do with my fitness. I'm looking to do some road races, time trials, and a marathon up until the end of the year. It should be enough to keep me busy, but I need goals people!

By the way, I didn't get the 705 running today as I left the darned thing on all last night..... There will be updates about it soon!

No comments: